Sweet Potato Maple Hummus
This hummus recipe brings the combination of sweet and savory to a whole new level. Pair with your favorite pita bread, apple slices or bell peppers.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot and fill with enough water to come just below the basket. Bring to a boil, then add the cubed potato. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until tender, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and ginger to the food processor. Puree about 1 minute, then add the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place in a bowl and allow to refrigerate until cooled.
- Serve with apple slices, pita or bell pepper.