Murray’s Panzanella Salad with Burrata
Panzanella is one of those examples of how leftovers can become something glorious.
Serves: 2Prep: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 balls Burrata
- 3 cups day-old baguette or other crusty bread, cubed
- 2 cups mixed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to taste and roughly chopped
- Fresh basil, to taste and roughly chopped
- Fresh thyme, to taste and roughly chopped
- In bowl, toss together tomatoes, shallots, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and herbs. Marinate 5-10 minutes.
- Gently mix in bread, ensuring liquid thoroughly coats and is absorbed. Let sit 15 minutes, until bread begins to soften (can keep up to 4 hours in refrigerator).
- On serving place, arrange bread and top with whole burrata balls.
- Finish with drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper.