Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
This sassy appetizer is like a thick gazpacho studded with shrimp. Serve with bean-based tortilla chips or puffs and a cocktail fork.
Serves: 16Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 oz.) Kroger® Tail-On Medium Peeled & Deveined Cooked Shrimp, tails removed
- 2 packages (4 oz. each) lentil chips
- In large bowl, stir together tomatoes, chili sauce, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except shrimp and lentil chips until mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- Divide mixture among 16 martini glasses or small bowls and top evenly with shrimp. Serve with lentil chips.