Massaged Kale Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
Massaging sturdy kale helps tenderize the tougher leaves and will enhance your salad.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag kale
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, plus more to garnish
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
- In a large bowl, add mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together with a fork.
- Remove any stems from the kale and tear large pieces into smaller ones. Add kale to the bowl. Using your fingers, gently massage dressing into kale until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pomegranate seeds and Parmesan cheese, tossing to combine. Top with more of each to garnish.