Jalapeño IPA Caramel Glazed Ribs
Sticky, spicy, sweet fall-off-the-bone pork ribs are easy to make in your slow cooker, with a quick finish under the broiler until they’re crisp and brown!
Serves: 4Prep: 45 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 pounds ribs
- 1 cup Kroger® Pure Cane Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup IPA beer
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Salted Butter
- 1 large jalapeño, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Use a small sharp knife to lift one edge of the membrane on the back of the ribs. Grip it with a paper towel and pull it off. Discard. Cut ribs into serving portions, about 2-3 ribs each.
- Rub ribs all over with the brown sugar mixture. Place ribs in a 6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Before serving, make the caramel. In a small saucepan, stir together the sugar and beer. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Without stirring, continue to cook 6 minutes or until it’s a deep caramel color, swirling pan occasionally. Immediately stir in the butter, salt, jalapeño, 2 tablespoons of cooking juices from the slow cooker and soy sauce. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange ribs, meat side up on sheet. Spoon caramel evenly over ribs. Broil 5-10 minutes or until well browned. You can return to the clean slow cooker to keep them warm, if desired. Squeeze lime juice over ribs before serving, if desired.