Home Chef Mushroom & Swiss Beef Burger
These juicy Home Chef burgers are crowned with creamy Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms, crisp onions, a hearty slice of tomato and a truffle-spiked mayo that’s nothing short of addicting. Pair it with a side of homemade steak fries for quite possibly the most unique and flavorful burger ever.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into ½” wedges
- 1 tomato, sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 1/4 cups cremini mushrooms, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 red onion, cut into rounds
- 2 pretzel buns, halved
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons truffle oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On baking sheet, toss together potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast 12-15 minutes, flip fries and continue to roast 12-15 more minutes.
- Warm grill to medium-high heat. Shape ground beef into two equal-sized patties and season with ½ teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper. Grill burgers 4-6 minutes per side. When burgers are almost done, top with cheese and let melt slightly.
- On medium pan over medium heat, cook mushrooms in 1 teaspoon olive oil until soft and caramelized, 5-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and truffle oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, lightly toast pretzel buns until warm. Spread truffle mayo on tops and bottoms of buns. On bottom bun, add burger patty, mushrooms, tomato, onion, arugula and top bun. Serve fries on side with remaining truffle mayo.