“Green Eggs and Ham” Deviled Eggs
Will you eat this dish at brunch? Will you savor it with your lunch? When your green eggs and ham include gourmet-style prosciutto and pesto, you’ll certainly enjoy this childhood classic any time!
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 large eggs
- 3 slices Private Selection™ Old World Prosciutto
- 4 tablespoons Private Selection™ Basil Pesto
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 large basil leaves, cut into long, thin strips
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add eggs, cover and turn off heat. Let sit 15 minutes, then remove eggs and place in ice bath another 15 minutes before peeling.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425° F. On baking sheet, place prosciutto and bake for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Let cool, then crumble into bite-size pieces.
- Halve each egg lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in large mixing bowl, followed by pesto, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix with fork until smooth. Place mixture in zip-top bag and use scissors to snip one corner, creating a piping bag.
- Pipe yolk mixture evenly among egg white halves. Top with prosciutto and basil. Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.