Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bars with Browned Butter Frosting
The sweet, nutty browned butter frosting pairs deliciously with the spices in these decadent pumpkin bars.
Serves: 24Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup avocado or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 15”x10”x1” or 9”x13”x2” baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar, pumpkin and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until well combined. Beat in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt until batter is smooth. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 26-30 minutes for a 15”x10 x1” pan or 40-45 minutes for a 9”x13”x2” baking pan, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Butter will foam and bubble before turning golden brown in color and beginning to smell nutty, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat cooled browned butter with powdered sugar and remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until frosting is desired consistency.
- Spread frosting over cooled pumpkin bars.
- Store at room temperature for 1-2 days or refrigerate for longer.