French Apple Brie Tart
A French twist on fall ingredients! Smooth Brie and crisp apples are a sophisticated, yet simple combo of flavors and textures.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 ounces Private Selection™ Double Crème Parisian Style Brie Cheese, quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Press a single crust in the bottom and up the sides of a 10” tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges if necessary.
- In a food processor, blend the cheese, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 egg until creamy. Spread evenly over bottom of pie crust lined pan. In medium bowl, combine apple slices, lemon juice and lemon peel. Mix well.
- Arrange apples evenly over cheese filling. In the same bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup sugar, half & half and 1 egg yolk. Blend well. Pour over apple mixture.
- For a lattice top, cut remaining crust into ½” wide strips. Arrange strips in lattice design over apple mixture. Trim and seal edges.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 egg white and water. Brush over lattice crust. Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is lightly golden. Cool slightly before serving.