Falafel Style Veggie Burgers
The cucumber yogurt sauce on this sandwich is so tasty you may want to make extra to serve with pita chips or veggies.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Kroger® Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 English cucumber, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Mediterranean Chickpea Veggie Burgers, cut in half
- 4 pita bread
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- To make the cucumber yogurt sauce combine yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, fresh dill, garlic, and coarse salt, mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare veggie burgers according to package instructions.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet to medium. Add pita bread, cook 3-4 minutes, flipping once until warm and slightly toasted.
- Place veggie burger on one side of each pita bread, evenly divide spinach, tomato and onion. Top with a generous dollop of cucumber yogurt sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.