Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are sure to impress family or friends – especially fresh from the oven.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In large bowl, use electric hand mixer to cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a 1½” cookie scoop to form dough balls; arrange on prepared cookie sheet about 2” apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven. Allow to cool on cookie sheet about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.