Berry Matzo Crumble
A dessert featuring warm, juicy berries is a fresh finish to your holiday meal!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 cups mixed berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup matzo crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8”x8” baking pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together berries, sugar, potato starch and lemon juice. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In another bowl, combine matzo crumbs, almonds, brown sugar and margarine to make coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumble mixture over berries.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until berries are bubbly and thickened with a golden brown top. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Make this dish Passover-approved by using kosher ingredients.