Barbecued Turkey-Apple Burgers
Shredded apple adds a touch of sweetness and makes these turkey burgers extra juicy. Sharp Cheddar and burger toppings keep them classic.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium apple, cored and shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 onion slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 onion buns, split
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, apple, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties, about ½” thick.
- Carefully brush vegetable oil on grill rack.
- Place patties on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 10-14 minutes, turning halfway, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Top each patty with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and a cheese slice; let stand on grill 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt.
- Place lettuce, burgers and onion slices in buns.
- Refrigerate leftovers.