Avocado Lime Bread
Over-ripe avocados? Instead of tossing them out, use them to make this easy, sweet and zesty bread.
Serves: 8Prep: 1 hourCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 2 limes, zested
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9”x5” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together mashed avocados, lime zest and juice, sugar, eggs and buttermilk until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place pan on cooling rack; let rest 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.