Aunt Lisa’s Lasagna
This classic Italian lasagna recipe was recreated for the Noshtalgia podcast. Inspired by true family cooking, treat these ingredients, quantities and times as a guideline, rather than a set-in-stone rule, to make this recipe your own.
Prep: 45 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can (27 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tube tomato paste
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) Simple Truth Organic™ Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Italian Seasoning
- Fresh basil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lasagna noodles, prepared
- Brown pork and beef with onion and garlic, then drain.
- Add tomato paste and seasoning. Simmer.
- Mix ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, parsley and egg. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato sauce to the bottom of a casserole dish until just covered. Top with a layer of noodles and then a spoonful of cheese mixture and spoonful of meat mixture. Continue alternating layers until pan is filled to the top.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and warm all the way through.