Apple Cheesecake Bar
Soft cinnamon-coated apples are a fabulous fall topping for creamy cheesecake bars!
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 teaspoon plus ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 (8 oz.) Kroger® Cream Cheese
- 14 ounces Kroger® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored and cut into ¼” pieces
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 2/3 cup Kroger® Caramel Sauce
- Place graham cracker crumbs into a bowl, add sugar and blend. Melt ½ cup of butter. Pour melted butter over mixture and work it in to moisten the mixture.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom of the 9” x 13” pan. Using the top of a baking spray can, gently pack the crumbs evenly into the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator and hold.
- Place the cream cheese into the mixer and blend until soft. Scrape the side of the bowl. Add the condensed milk and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Scrape the sides to ensure all of the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter over the chilled crumbs and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place remaining butter in saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes until the butter turns light brown. Add apples and cinnamon and simmer for 13 minutes to soften the apples. Remove from heat and chill.
- When the cheesecake is set, sprinkle the apples over top, followed by the coconut, pecans and the baking chips. Drizzle caramel sauce over top, chill to set all ingredients. Cut into 2” x 3” squares and serve.