Vitacost ROOT2 Lutein Softgels 20mg
What is Lutein?
Lutein is a compound found in fruits and vegetables (especially dark leafy greens) and egg yolks. Lutein is a member of the carotenoid family. It is an antioxidant that can help protect healthy cells from free radical damage.*
Lutein is found naturally in the body, concentrated in the macula of the eyes. The macula, located in the center of the retina, is responsible for producing the sharp central vision required to see fine detail (for reading, sewing, etc.). Lutein helps protect the macula by scavenging free radicals and filtering out potentially dangerous, high-energy blue light and ultraviolet radiation.*
The body cannot make lutein on its own; it must be consumed through diet or supplements. Studies recommend obtaining 6 mg to 20 mg of lutein daily for eye health and antioxidant protection.*
What are the key benefits of ROOT2 Lutein?
- Research shows higher plasma levels of lutein and zeaxanthin may be associated with macular health.*
- Lutein protects healthy eye cells from free radical damage.*
- Lutein helps protect the eyes by filtering out potentially dangerous, high-energy blue light and ultraviolet radiation.*
ROOT2 Lutein is Rooted in Science, Rooted in Nature.
- Contains standardized extracts of lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids with antioxidant activity.*
- Standardization ensures consistent levels of active ingredients in each dose.
- Features Lutemax, a standardized extract of lutein from high-quality marigold flowers. Marigold flowers are one of the best sources of lutein.
- Provides 20 mg of lutein per 1-softgel serving.
- Provides 120 servings per bottle.
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.