Vitacost Alpha Lipoic Acid Targeted Wellness Softgels 300mg
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a coenzyme found in the mitochondria of cells. Its primary function is to serve as a cofactor in the body’s energy production process. It’s also a well-known antioxidant, sometimes called “the universal antioxidant” because of its effectiveness in both water-based substances (such as blood) and fatty tissues and membranes.*
ALA is produced naturally by the body in small amounts, and it’s found in some foods, such as liver, spinach, broccoli and potatoes. It’s difficult, however, to obtain sufficient quantities from diet.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost Alpha Lipoic Acid?
- May promote cardiovascular health by protecting against free radical damage*
- Enhances antioxidant activity of vitamins C and E and coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)*
- May increase levels of glutathione, the body’s most important antioxidant*
- Supplies 300 mg of ALA per single-softgel serving
- Contains 120 servings per bottle
- High quality at a great value!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
Dillons Food Stores is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.