How to Make Galentine’s Chocolate Board
Learn how to make a chocolate dessert board for your Valentine's Day!
Galentine’s Day Ideas
Valentine’s Day might be reserved for celebrating romantic love, but there’s another holiday that comes right before and is just as important: Galentine’s Day. Created with the purpose of honoring friendship in all forms, there’s good reason this annual get-together has become so popular. But how do you commemorate this joyous occasion? From gifts to recipes to an adorable – and delicious! – dessert charcuterie board, we’ve put together a few of our favorite Galentine’s Day ideas to make sure this year’s gathering is an unforgettable one.
What is Galentine’s Day?
Whether you’re unattached this holiday season or just looking for an excuse to get together with friends, Galentine’s Day is fun for everyone. Though it’s not an official holiday, Galentine’s, which is typically celebrated on February 13th, gives you and your pals a chance take part in the pink, glittery and sometimes cheesy delight that comes with a Valentine’s Day celebrations.
Galentine’s Day Gifts
Should you exchange Galentine’s gifts? Only if you want! Though presents aren’t required for showing your love or appreciation, it’s always fun to spoil your squad. If you’re already shopping for a significant other, you can grab Valentine’s gifts for friends at the same time. Wines and chocolates are a few more traditional Valentine’s items that most of your friends can enjoy.
You can also treat your guy and gal pals to some spa favorites, like bubble bath and a charming candle. Shop our curated collection of Galentine’s gifts to find something for everyone.
Galentine’s Day Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Have you heard? Charcuterie boards aren’t just for meats and cheeses anymore! Dessert boards have hit the scene and they are as delicious and beautiful as they sound. When it comes to creating a board of sweet treats, the only thing that tops chocolate is more chocolate. Impress your friends with a picturesque spread of truffles, brownie bites, chocolate popcorn, nuts, fruits and other decadent dessert options.
To add some extra flair, put together a Galentine’s heart-shaped charcuterie board. In the center of a large serving platter, arrange a few flowers, such as roses. Then, use raspberries to create a heart-shaped outline. Once the heart is established, fill it in using chocolates, baked goods, candies and any other items you wish to add.
Galentine’s Day Recipes
Ready to create your own Galentine’s or Valentine’s Day charcuterie board? With so many options, it can be hard to find the right treats for the occasion. Here are a few sweet recipes we recommend including in your spread:
- Chocolate-Dipped Valentine’s Day Wafer Sandwiches: You only need four simple ingredients to make these fun, chocolate-dipped dessert sandwiches.
- Valentine’s Brownies: These brownies deliver double the chocolatey goodness.
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries: Easy, no-bake vanilla cheesecake filling turns fresh strawberries into a celebratory dessert.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bites: Ripe raspberries drizzled in decadent dark chocolate are the perfect bite-size Valentine’s Day dessert.
- Individual Heart-Shaped Cakes: Start with your favorite flavor of cake mix and add a creamy ganache frosting for a beautiful and delicious treat.
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cupcakes: Satisfy two cravings at once! Melt-in-your-mouth chocolate-covered strawberries are a tasty topper for chocolate cupcakes.
In addition to some seriously sweet treats, remember to include a few Galentine’s Day drinks for your guests to enjoy. You may want to go big and serve a signature cocktail, like Smokin’ Hot Berry and Pomegranate Margaritas or Apple Margaritas, or keep it cozy with Pink Hot Chocolate with Heart-Shaped Sprinkles.