Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
This turkey chili is better for you than traditional chili, but it will still keep you full and satiated for hours.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 4 hours 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds Simple Truth™ Natural Ground Turkey 93% Lean
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Free Range Chicken Broth Fat Free
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Canned Spicy Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey and drain.
- In crockpot, combine turkey, onion, garlic, bell pepper, chicken broth, spices, beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese to serve. Add other chili garnishes as desired.