Creamy Yogurt Mac + Cheese
The next time you have a craving for comfort food, whip up this luxurious, grown-up version of better-for-you mac and cheese!
Yummy bonus: Use a Ziploc® Bag to make your own delicious crushed cracker crumb topping!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1 Ziploc® Bag
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 stalks kale, finely shredded and ribs removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumbs, finely crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Drain macaroni and set aside in a bowl.
- While macaroni cooks, place crackers in a Ziploc® Bag and smash with a rolling pin until they’re fine crumbs.
- In the same pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and sauté garlic until aromatic. Add sliced kale and sauté until slightly wilted. Add kale to bowl with cooked macaroni.
- Add ¼ cup of reserved pasta water to the pot with kale and macaroni. Stir in the cheese and Greek yogurt until melted, smooth and creamy. Add more pasta water to thin, if necessary.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter and add crushed cracker crumbs until toasty and golden brown.
- To serve, sprinkle crumbs over macaroni and cheese.